Aromatic ginger or kencur is popular spice in Indonesia. We usually use it as main ingredient of jamu beverage called Jamu Beras Kencur.
Essential oil in aromatic ginger can be used for massage and aroma therapy. Using its essential oil to massage can calm mind and soul, relax muscles and the most important: reduce stress. In the case of dermatitis and depression, essential oil can be an effective remedy.
Not only that, apparently kencur can be made as facial mask as well. And it is effective to treat acne and smooths our skins.
It’s easy to make, follow these steps:
1. Take some of aromatic gingers
2. Wash them, peel the skins
3. Grate the gingers and squeeze the pulp
4. Contain the juice in a bowl and wait a few minutes after it settles
5. Use the juice as facial mask. Apply it on your face.
6. It’s better to apply it at night when you sleep. And wash your face in the morning.
You can do this regularly, twice or third times in a week and you will see the acne on your face be gone. If you are lazy to peel, grate and squeeze the kencur, you can just rub it on the areas of face where there are acne.
If you want to try to make homemade facial mask from Beras Kencur, you can follow these steps:
1. Prepare a cup of water and soak a few grain of rice there all night long
2. Take some kencur
3. Mash them together
4. Add frangipani flower to add fragrance smells on the mask
5. Apply the mask on your face and wait for 30 minutes.
6. Wash your face with cold water
7. Do this once a week.